The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for providing daily coordination of QA tasks and management of the overall QA process and workflow. The Quality Assurance Manager provides guidance and mentorship to team members in order to maintain the highest level of quality in our products through continuous testing of functionality/usability and review of visual elements, proofreading, and validation during critical stages of development. This position shares responsibility for building and maintaining internal lines of communication, and creating/refining departmental process. The Quality Assurance Manager reports to the Vice President of Technology.
- Establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices.
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers.
- Foster innovation, define and deliver on a roadmap for our automated development program.
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated). Oversee overall test coverage to ensure appropriate test coverage across all applications.
- Establish and drive tactical and strategic QA plans and initiatives including automated performance and regression testing.
- Researches leading QA practices and technology and be an advocate for internal change.
- Provide test plans that allow clients to conduct UAT.
- Manage the defect life cycle ensuring that issues and tasks are documented, tracked and reported to facilitate timely fixes.
- Report the status of test planning, defects and execution activities, including regular status updates to the development project teams.
- Provide technical product and process guidance to other QA team members.
- Take on the role of scrum master within a project team as required.
- Work with client owners to identify, document and educate team members on how customers are currently using Strata Health applications. Provide context as to how testing efforts address existing usage to internal and customer stakeholders.
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years of hands-on experience leading, managing, mentoring and supervising a mixed team of manual testers and test automation developers. This is hands on, lead-by-example role.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with automated testing tools; our products are highly technical in nature and automated testing adds a great deal of value.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, prioritization, organization and people management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and interact effectively with teams, stakeholders and clients.
- Proven knowledge and judgment in escalating issues when needed.
- Experience in electronic health records or systems integration projects an asset.
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree in Health Informatics, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- A flexible health and wellness budget for your health related activities
Operational in Canada, UK and US, Strata Health Solutions is a privately-held Canadian corporation of professionals delivering patient flow applications directly benefiting patients, their families and the world’s devoted front line caregivers.
Please note that this position is only available to candidates who are currently in (or willing to relocate to) Calgary. All candidates must be currently eligible to work in Canada and willing to live in Calgary.
Strata Health is an equal opportunity employer and while we thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.